Updated 26th September 2020
These lists of articles, books, videos and podcasts will help get you up to speed on many cause areas and topics of interest to the EA community. Most lists start with introductory materials and are not comprehensive lists.
If you’re new to EA we have a collection of introductory resources on our About Effective Altruism page.
- Global Health and Development
- Farmed Animal Advocacy
- Wild Animals
- Climate Change
- AI Safety
- Nuclear Security
- Mental Health
- Improving Institutional Decision Making
- Further Causes
Other Topics of Interest
- Community Building
- High-Impact Careers
- Cause Prioritisation
- Criticisms of EA
These lists were formed from content compiled by EA Cambridge, EA Norway, EA Geneva, Michael Aird, Jamie Harris, Eve McCormick, Vaidehi Agarwalla, Saulius Šimčikas and Catherine Low. Please suggest additions or changes directly in the google docs, or contact us.
Other reading lists:
- The Centre for Effective Altruism has compiled an excellent reading list of articles covering EA principles and promising cause areas if you want to learn more. Many of these articles are available in the EA Handbook, which you can download in pdf, epub or mobi format.
- Will MacAskill’s Five Books list and interview.
- Goodreads’ list of Effective Altruism Books.
- The Life You Can Save’s list of books and films mostly on Global Poverty.
If you have suggestions on how to improve this page, please comment or suggest edits on this google doc.